« Home | Cold Turkey Time... » | Relaxing Day~~ » | The day has come to leave Microsoft » | ようこそ! » | MDX Refresh » | Monday » | Parents home~~ » | Class Inheritances (shadowing & overriding) » | Rainy weather, structs & classes » | Boring Tuesday »

Survived a week of cold turkey!

No msn and gmail for a week! and i've survived!!!! hahahaha

Ok... it's been a week at Morgan Stanley. I have to say I do like it there!
(except for the strict internet and personal securities stuffs...) The culture is very good... similiar to Microsoft. Everyone's very friendly!

My position there is of Associate. Weird how they do their position thingy. But I am doing development in the IT department. Mainly DSI (data sourcing and integration) with informatica and sybase. It's been a week and i had created a small .net application to help out with small data parsing issue. I've also started development on informatica. The finance jargons are killing me! and the new acronymns... omg.

I sorta miss sql2005.... :( sybase has this sql analyzer thing that does not have any color in their sql query window.. :( so sad.. very primitive

i'm starting to use putty again! can you believe it? i haven't used putty for like 3 years since i started out in Microsoft!
now have to recall my unix shell commands again! it's like back to uni!

My desktop stuffs are all pre installed... i don't have the permissions to install anything! not even fonts :( feel so paralyzed...

There's this Hummingbird application on my program files... no idea what it does!